*Deadline: Wednesday, December 4, 2019*
In 2008 The Division of Student Affairs at the University of Utah founded a diversity council to address issues of diversity and inclusion related to our work with students. The Student Affairs Diversity Council (SADC) met for the first time in July 2009, and included representatives from each office in the Student Affairs division. This Council helps to identify the needs of each office and seeks to enhance our knowledge and culturally competencies. It is important that our staff functions and interacts competently with our increasingly diverse campus community as we play a significant role in creating a safe and welcoming campus environment for all of our students, staff and faculty. Please consider a student who is making a difference, particularly one of your student staff.
The purpose of the award is to recognize a student who strives to cultivate an environment that embraces and promotes the broad scope of diversity within the Division of Student Affairs and/or the University community. The recipient who is selected will be eligible for a $500 scholarship from the Student Affairs Diversity Council.
Nominations are invited for the 7th annual Student Affairs Diversity Council Pursuit of Inclusion Award.
Criteria for consideration:
Nominations must be completed and submitted online using the form below. Additionally, they must show how the nominee meets some or all of these criteria:
- Helps to educate members in the Division of Student Affairs and/or the university community on topics related to diversity;
- Strives to create a platform for dialogue and sharing of information;
- Participates in ongoing diversity related training and dialogue;
- Collaborates with other committees/departments to ensure that inclusion and diversity-related issues are included;
- Works to cultivate an environment that embraces and promotes the broad scope of diversity within the division and the University
Eligibility for Students:
- All matriculated students (enrolled either full-time or half-time).
- Students must be enrolled Spring 2020 to receive the award.
Nominees should meet one or more of the criteria listed above. The Selection Committee will only consider information provided in the nominating online form below, please be thorough in your description of the nominee.
*Nominations must be submitted by Wednesday, December 4, 2019. The Committee will only consider persons for whom nominations have been received
by the deadline.
One award will be given at the holiday luncheon for all Student Affairs employees scheduled for Tuesday, December 10, 2019.